Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dancing baby steps

I was lucky enough to get to play with music and markers this evening. (Much to my relief, I really really wanted to be able to play!) Eilir assisted with a few of the drawings, interfered with one or two, but I tried to just roll with things and to remember that I was playing, not plotting for world peace. The stakes were not so high. And I drew, and scribbled, and criss crossed. I played with colors, with the thickness and thinness of the markers, tried the brush marker and the calligraphy marker. I will admit that these drawings did not turn out as I had imagined in my head. I expect that that is a good thing. I am not sure how I will use these. I am also not sure that it is important that I know that. I will look at them with new eyes in the morning and see what I can see.  The drawings are posted below, unedited from the last in the series to the first. These were once again done to The Violin Player by Vanessa Mae. I wanted to see what the markers would do vs. what I had done earlier in the day.


















No comments:

Post a Comment